Tuesday 17 April 2007

Day 20 - First Adjustment

Finally I had my first adjustment this afternoon. So much for worrying about one tooth being longer than the other. As soon as I mentioned it, my dentist waved his hand in a "it's nothing to worry about" gesture. He then asked me if I'd like him to bring the other tooth down or push that one back up. He recommended bringing the other tooth down as my teeth are quite square and could do with some length to them so I agreed. And already the two teeth are almost the same length again!!

And, and, and!!!! The gap between the front two teeth is now completely closed, yay!!!


(Apologies for the colour of my teeth, they're pretty gross right now.)

So now I have more wires in my mouth and my teeth really hurt. BUT, I'm starting to see some good progress so I'm feeling optimistic again.

Oh, and my dentist also mentioned today that I'll need a bridge each side because there will still be gaps at the back when this treatment is finished. He also said that the bridges will stop the teeth from moving so that's a good thing. All this treatment is getting more and more expensive!!!



No comments: